ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, TRESLOTHAN
HOW TO FIND US
Access to the church is gained via a disabled ramp, with handrails accessing the west porch. This church has a disabled accessible WC.
THE HISTORY OF OUR CHURCH
Our ‘Church-in-the-woods’, lying on the edge of the Cornish Mining Heritage Site, was built by the local mining land owning family of Pendarves consecrated in 1842. The parish comprises the village of Troon with part of Beacon and outlying hamlets. Treslothan itself is a small hamlet approximately 1mile from the village of Troon. The churchyard is closed however there is a small open memorial garden. A programme of roof and gutter renewal under the recent government grant scheme was completed 2017/8. Note the pre-conquest inscribed stone altarmensa in the side chapel and the mediaeval font. There is also an interesting Mother and Child icon and Magi Adoration Alabaster but these are not on display and need restoration.